The supply order should be sent to Pam White and Donna Burke:
- First order due March 15, 2017 (75% of last year's numbers)
- Final order due May 15, 2017
2017 Supply Order Form
Returns: Extra supplies can be returned for credit. There is a 25% charge to cover re-stocking fees and shipping back to the vendor.
Help spread the word about Scouting on Facebook. Leverage the power of the council promotions by engaing with their content. This will help the council promote day camp.
- Like, share, and comment on their posts. This applies not only to any day camp posts, but all of our posts.
- Mention the council in your posts. Type "@Sam Houston Area Council" to tag the council in your Scouting photos.
- Invite your Scouting friends to Like our page. There is a link on the page to invite your friends.
- Once you've liked the council's Facebook page, click the arrow next to the "Liked" button and select "See First" under "In Your News Feed." This way, you'll always see the latest posts and Scouting news at the top of your timeline - no matter what time of day you visit Facebook (see graphic).
There was a day camp post on March 17, 2017, that you can share on your personal, unit and district pages.
Council Day Camp Meeting
April 19, 2017
The district day camp chairs and programs meet throughout the year at the Cockrell Scout Center at 7:00 pm.
Topics: (required for camp directors and program directors)
- day camp concerns
- training review
- quartermaster supplies
- standards review
- pick-up the supplies order on March 15th.
- pricing for t-shirts, supplies, gifts, patches will be announced
Day Camp Calendar
Please regularly review the day camp calendar for upcoming meetings and deadlines.
Day Camp Calendar Staff Development Handouts
Jungle Theme Song Book
The songbook should be printed front to back and then cut in half. The cover should be customized with the camps name on the cover and the district facebook page and website on the back cover before printing on card stock paper. Staple the book at the fold. Thanks to Susan Driever, Thunder Wolf District Day Camp Chair, for creating this great resource.
Office Depot has a discount card for printing at a great price, and can cut book in half. Go to step 4 and print the card before taking it to the store. Make sure to customize the cover first. Copies can also be printed at the council office for .05 cents a copy; however, the council doesn't have the ability to cut the copies in half.
2017 Camp Dates
Please check the information on the council day camp page and the Google map, and the day camp page on your district website (under the activities tab). Submit any corrections to the council webmaster. The 2017 day camp dates listed on the day camp page were taken from the district calendars submitted by the district committees to the council in the spring.
SHAC Day Camp Page Google map Submit Corrections
2017 Jungle Theme
In 1914, Scouting founder Robert Baden-Powell started a Scouting program based on Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book stories and targeted at younger boys in Britain.
We have added some Pinterest boards to our new council Pinterest page. Please submit link ideas to email@example.com.
Jungle Ideas Pinterest Jungle Themed Ideas
2017 Day Camp Promotional Resources
Placemats: Free, customizable placemats are available for packs to use at blue and gold banquets and den leaders to use during den meetings to help promote day camp. Send these your leaders.
8.5 x 11 Placemat 8.5 x 14 Placemat
Business cards: Customizable two-sided business cards using an Avery template in Word.
Fliers: Three different fliers that can be customized in Word can be used to promote camp.
One Page Flier Tri-Fold Brochure - Color Tri-Fold Brochure - Black and White